In Solidarity by FABNYC
Below, we have compiled some resources that we have found valuable or helpful. They are by no means comprehensive and by now, many of you have found your allies and comrades; regardless, we hope this continues to fuel the momentum in finding solidarity with folks whom you can gather and provide support for one another. One thing is clear: we are stronger together.
Stepping up and having conversations
- How Bystanders can defuse Islamophobic Harassment (and other types of harassment, too) by Maeril
- How to talk to kids of all ages through the political season by Regan McMahon
- How to talk to your loved ones about a Donald Trump presidency- a crowd-sourced document. (FAB is also in the midst of putting together a zine for people to take home this holiday season. Stay tuned.)
- 26 ways to be in the struggle beyond the streets - contributed by Piper Anderson, Kay Ulanday Barrett, Ejeris Dixon, Ro Garrido, Emi Kane, Bhavana Nancherla, Dessha Narichania, Sabelo Narasimhan, Amir Rabiyah, and Meejin Richart.
- Yes I'll accompany my neighbor -Volunteer (this form is NY based) to accompany your neighbors on their commute in light of recent harassment and threats.
- Let's Get to Work: Practical Ways for Writers and Teachers to Get Involved Right Now
- #IAmNotAfraid Curriculum - For educators & organizers for our children
- Resources for Deescalation and InterventionOpportunities to gather
- ON THE INSIDE - LGBTQ Prisoner Art Exhibit at Abrons Arts Center
- Party People at The Public
- What Works: A Critical Explorations of Local Solutions by Magnum Foundation (Finding solidarity with international projects of activist photographers doing localized work around the globe)
- Studio Museum of Harlem's upcoming exhibition openings
- Self-Defense for Women & Transpeople hosted by the Center for Anti-Violence Education
- C4AA Fundamentals Webinar: How to use Creativity in Organizing
- Peaceful Protest against Islamophobia - Tuesday, November 15
- Moving Caribbean in NYC - Wednesday, November 16, use code TDEFriend for discount.
- Staying Woke in Trump's America- Strategic Planning Meeting - Wednesday, November 16
- Arts On Site hosts Post-Trump: I'm Ready to Organize this Friday, November 18
- A. Nia Austin-Edward's next workshop as part of the Sustainable Artist Toolkit workshop series - Artists with Radical Visions: Shifting, Challenging, Thriving on Tuesday, December 13Self-care
- 5 self-care tips for activists
- Winning our Movements Inside and Out: Shifting the Social Justice Back into our Work by Jardana Peacock
- Everything Hurts and I'm Not Okay from eponis.tumblr.com
- Dealing with Activist Burn-Out and Self-CareEducation - understanding the dynamics in this country
- FABNYC's reading list from this past summer
- Trump Syllabus 2.0 by N.D.B. Connolly and Keisha N. Blain
- Black Lives Matter Syllabus
- Progressive fundamentalism: how Hollywood and the media fortify the bubbles we all live in by Todd VanDerWerff
- 13th dir. by Ava DuVernay on Netflix
- Central Park Five by Florentine Films (soon to be on Netflix, for now can be streamed online in other places)
- Latest episode of Politically Reactive with Roxane Gay